Crystal Meth Anonymous (CMA) is an organization of men and women sharing the same aspirations, strengths, and experiences with one another in order to put an end to their crystal meth addictions.
Any person who aspires to overcome his or her crystal meth addiction can avail the membership. No fees are required, as CMA is a self-sustaining association. This organization is not affiliated with any sect, denomination, religion, organization or political party. Their main goal is to help crystal meth addicts recover from their addictions and return to their normal lives.
According to a study conducted by some Los Angeles health centers, one in every three gay or bisexual people admitted to having used crystal meth in 2005. In the same year, the United States Department of Health and Human Services reported that around 12 million crystal meth users were 12-year-old children. According to the agency, crystal meth use increases by about 300,000 people yearly.
If someone dear to you is struggling with a crystal meth addiction, feel free to call us at 1-888-287-0471 so we can refer him or her to a trusted treatment facility.
Did You Know?
There are no doctors or therapists in Crystal Meth Anonymous meetings. The meetings only contain people who have addictions to crystal meth and who are working their way toward recovery.
How Crystal Meth Anonymous Works
Crystal Meth Anonymous is made up of various aspects, each of which is essential for long-term recovery. The most important elements are meetings, sponsorship, and step work. Service and fellowship are additional facets.
- Meetings The recovery program is discussed during meetings. Each meeting is a safe environment for you to relate your experiences, listen to other members’ stories, and come to know other recovering addicts. Sponsors play an important role at these meetings. They make suggestions and provide answers to questions raised regarding the program.
- Sponsorship Each member seeking recovery shares his or her experiences with others. This is realized during meetings and in one-on-one sessions called sponsorships.
- Step Work The Crystal Meth Anonymous program is composed of 12 steps. These steps aid an addict enrolled in the program to live a life free of crystal meth or other psychoactive substances. An addict follows the steps in sequence with the help of a sponsor who provides counsel and guidance every step of the way.
- Service Providing any type of service is not compulsory. A service can be as easy as bringing food and snacks during meetings or helping in the restoration of the venue of the meeting. Acting as an officer or a chairperson during a meeting is another service option.
- Fellowship Members share their experiences in an informal atmosphere called fellowship. Fellowships may take the form of eating together after an activity or meeting or meeting up for coffee.
Did You Know?
CMA, as an organization, does not collect any fees or dues for membership? Funds are raised through voluntary contributions. Anyone can give any amount he or she pleases.
You can use the Worldwide Meeting Directory of the CMA website to find Crystal Meth Anonymous meetings near you. After you enroll in the program, you can request that each meeting be documented in the Meeting Directory.
If you need to find respite from your crystal meth addiction, we are here to help. Call us today on 1-888-287-0471 for reference to the best crystal meth support groups in your area.
Did You Know?
Membership in CMA only requires the desire to quit the use of crystal meth or any other pharmacologic substance? You basically become a member of this group once you declare your intention to quit your abuse of the drug.